SS17: Neuville wins and is at half of a second to Evans!
Thierry Neuville (Hyundai i20) won the SS17 (Mina Clavero – Giulio Cesare) and is at just 0s6 of the leader Elfyn Evans (Ford Fiesta RS), who was in second place. Craig Breen (Citroën C3) ended third behind the other candidates. The YPF Rally Argentina will have a new winner
Neuville was superior to the rest on the 22.64 kilometres of the Mina Clavero – Giulio Cesare stage and ended 8s4 ahead of Evans who ended second. Breen ended third showing a good performance with his Citroën C3. Tanak ended fourth and already has a lead of 53s3 over Sébastien Ogier in the fight for the third position.
Everything will be said at the passionate Power Stage. There is no place for speculations; all the drivers from the category will give the max to win the last stage that gives special points for the World Rally Championship. Most of the looks are over the head-to-head between Evans and Neuville for the victory of the 37th edition of this rally.
WRC2: the leader Pontus Tidemand gets to the last stage of the competition with 9m4022 of a gap over the Argentinean Juan Carlos Alonso, his closest runner up. He should only complete the Power Stage El Cóndor to be the winner. If there are no surprises, Pedro Heller will be the one to complete the podium.
Positions of SS17 (Mina Clavero – Giulio Cesare)
1) Thierry Neuville (Hyundai i20), 18m05s0
2) Elfyn Evans (Ford Fiesta RS), +8s4
3) Craig Breen (Citroën C3), +8s4
4) Ott Tanak (Ford Fiesta RS), +13s2
5) Jari-Matti Latvala (Toyota Yaris), +17s6
YPF Rally Argentina 2017 Overall Classification
1) Elfyn Evans (Ford Fiesta RS), 3h25m09s9
2) Thierry Neuville (Hyundai i20), +0s6
3) Ott Tanak (Ford Fiesta RS), +27s8
4) Sébastien Ogier (Ford Fiesta RS), +1m21s1
5) Jari-Matti Latvala (Toyota Yaris), +1m40s3