SS16: Tanak and Neuville get closer to Evans
Ott Tanak (Ford Fiesta RS) won SS16 (El Cóndor – Copina) and now is 23s behind the leader Elfyn Evans (Ford Fiesta RS). Thierry Neuville (Hyundai i20) finished in second place and was able to reduce the overall gap to 9 seconds. Evans finished 3rd.
The great definition of the YPF Rally Argentina 2017 began. Tanak won the historic stage El Cóndor – Copina, but was not the only one that finished with a smile. Neuville was faster than Evans and now is just 9 seconds behind him at the overall. The leader of the rally completed the top 3. Ogier lost ground in this fight, although he remains expectant for a place on the podium.
Craig Breen (Citroën C3) completed the stage in fourth place being 4s2 slower than the winner. His teammate Kris Meeke, winner of the 2015 edition, decided to retire after the roll over suffered resterday. The next stage (SS17 Mina Clavero – Giulio Césare) will be decisive to know who will have certain chances to win the 37th edition of this rally. It will be 22.64kms of action in which we will see an exciting fight.
WRC2: Pontus Tidemand, great owner of the category, is just two steps away from achieving a fantastic win with his Skoda Fabia R5. The Argentine Juan Carlos Alonso and Pedro Heller are who march second and third in the overall respectively.
Positions of SS16 (The Condor – Copina)
1) Ott Tanak (Ford Fiesta RS), 13m07s0
2) Thierry Neuville (Hyundai i20), +1s3
3) Elfyn Evans (Ford Fiesta RS), +3s8
4) Craig Breen (Citroën C3), +4s2
5) Sébastien Ogier (Ford Focus RS), +7s1
YPF Rally Argentina 2017 Overall Classification
1) Elfyn Evans (Ford Fiesta RS), 3h06m56s5
2) Thierry Neuville (Hyundai i20), +9s0
3) Ott Tanak (Ford Fiesta RS), +23s0
4) Sébastien Ogier (Ford Fiesta RS), +53s2
5) Jari-Matti Latvala (Toyota Yaris), +1m31s1